Alarm Management is CRITICAL
• Alarms and Alarm Fatigue have been ranked the #1 Health Technology Hazard by ECRI.
• Floor noise reduction is a key focus of JCAHO and in patient satisfaction indices.
• Traceable alarm delivery and response are a key Quality of Care metric.
The mVisum Alarm Management platform addresses these critical needs while helping optimize the cost of care.
Safety : 3-10% of alarms are critical – can you instantaneously distinguish them?
Evidence : Is the waveform/physiological evidence for the alarm cause immediately available? Do you have the tools for Evidence-based optimization of alarms?
Confirmation : Is your current alarm notification process truly closed loop and fully traceable?
- Audio-Visual DIFFERENTIATION of source and severity
- Alarm Fatigue Monitoring and Management Tools
- Criticality specific, configurable escalation
- Floor specific workflows
- Alarm waveform presentation
- Monitor type/make agnostic
- End-to-End traceability and extensive audit reporting
- Business Intelligence Server with alarm statistics reporting
- TRUE Closed Loop operation
- In-Built push technology provides full control of message end-to-end
- Delivery and response time audits and reporting aid JCAHO and other Quality Metric measures
mVisum Alert Alarm Management™ system is the FIRST and ONLY TRUE closed loop Alarm notification and management system. The system transmits critical realtime alarms and physiological data including waveforms from the hospital patient monitoring network to various mobile devices such as smart phones, IP phones and cell phones. It connects to the existing patient monitor network and can send not only the alarm notification itself but the underlying data causing the alarm condition including waveforms, vital signs, etc.
The Alert system can operate through the facility’s Wi-Fi network or any cellular network. mVisum’s native push technology in the mVPS server can not only send a message to a device, but also track every step of the delivery process with no human interaction. It can also automatically escalate a message if the target device is not on the network. Such a system with tight tracking and feedback (“closed-loop” system) can improve the safety of the system while assuring superior alarm coverage and faster response times.
mVisum’s revolutionary alarm presentation and management technology allows a high degree of control on how alarms are presented on devices. The IEC 60601-1-8 standards based, HIPAA compliant system can be configured to aid substantially in quick recognition of the urgency of alarms and help towards delivering a higher quality of patient care while better managing the cost of care.
An alarm is generated by a patient monitor or telemetry device and sent to the mVisum Server which then push delivers it to the mobile device.
mVisum Alert™ application on the mobile device receives the alarm data and sounds an unique audible ringtone that corresponds to the criticality of the alarm.
The alarm details, color coded by alarm severity, are displayed on the handheld device
Additional data displayed include a scrollable waveform showing the alarm event.